- by Carolyne Volpe Curley / Carolyne@WestEssexNOW.com
According to Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Kelly Sandler, who handled the case, on June 2, Siudmak pled guilty to the following:
- 2 counts of 1st degree aggravated sexual assault on a child
- 4 counts of 2nd degree sexual assault on a child
- 2 counts of endangering the welfare of a child
- 1 count of possession of sexually exploitive images of children
Siudmak was sentenced to 17 years by Essex County Superior Court Judge Alfonse J. Cifelli. Under the No Early Release Act, Siudmak must serve 85 percent of his 17-year sentence before he will become eligible for parole.
“Thanks to the courage of the victim in this case,
who came forward and exposed these horrific crime,
the State was able to ensure that this defendant
will no longer be able to prey on any other children in the future,’’ said Sandler. “Additionally, her reporting brought to light
the defendant's personal library of sexually exploitive images of children
who were victimized in the past and
now will not be shared with others in the future.”
The investigation into this case was a joint investigation between the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office, the New Jersey State Police and the Roseland Police Department.