At 11:50pm, calls came into police reporting shots had been fired in the vicinity of Walker Road and Northfield Avenue, West Orange. Ultimately, officers discovered a male victim, Brendan Tevlin, 19 of Livingston, who was found dead in his car after receiving multiple gun shot wounds.
No arrests have been made in the case thus far and the prosecutor's office has released two images which may help in the investigation. In addition, the Essex County Sheriff’s Crime Stoppers program has increased the initial $10,000 reward for information about the killing to $25,000 after an anonymous donation.
The two still shots were taken by West Orange Police from surveillance videos in the area of Walker Road and Northfield Avenue in West Orange, from the same time period as Tevlin's murder.
At this time the investigation is active and ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office tips line at 1-877-847-7432.
- Tevlin Family is Focused on Building the Brendan P. Tevlin '13 Memorial Fund at Seton Hall Prep
- Brown, Villagran and Williams Remain Jailed after Pleading Not Guilty Wednesday to Murder of Brendan Tevlin, Livingston
- Three Charged in Death of Brendan Tevlin of Livingston
- $1000 Offered For Information on Ali Brown of East Orange
- Friends of Brendan Tevlin Hosting First Annual Lacrosse Festival in his Honor at Seton Hall Prep, Saturday
- For Brendan Tevlin, a Video of Memories of His Enduring Spirit
- My Words for Brendan Tevlin, the Eulogy Delivered by Michaela Tevlin
- The Family of Brendan Patrick Tevlin, of Livingston, has Announced His Passing