According to North Caldwell Police Chief Mark Deuer, Esposito, 45, of North Caldwell, along with an unidentified 14-year-old male, broke into the Club's garage by forcing open the side door and drove away in the two carts.
According to Deuer, Esposito and the young teen attempted to drive both carts away, but Esposito was injured after his own cart stuck in the woods and was damaged.
Michael Esposito was charged with:
- Terroristic Threats
- Knowingly or recklessly operation a motor vehicle without permission
- Unlawful entry of a structure
- Endangering the welfare of a child
- Use of juvenile in theft of a motor vehicle
- Using a juvenile to commit a criminal offense
The second damaged cart was towed back to the police department as evidence.
Juvenile charges are still under investigation at this time.
Esposito was first treated for his injuries and was then transported to the Essex County Jail for processing. He is expected to begin his 39 month jail term for Fraud wthin the next two weeks.