- by Carolyne Volpe Curley / Carolyne@WestEssexNOW.com
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray dismissed the charges against two co-defendants, Eric Williams, 19, and Jeremy Villagran, 20, both of West Orange, who were arrested and also charged in August of 2014 with Brown.
“As the investigation continued, evidence was developed,
including evidence subsequent to arrest, which led to the decision
to seek terrorism charges against Brown,’’ said Murray.
Ali Muhammad Brown is charged with the following:
- Felony murder
- Multiple weapons offenses
- Possession of hollow point bullets
The murder took place on June 25, 2014 when Tevlin, home after completing his freshman year at the University of Richmond was shot multiple times while stopped at a traffic light at Walker Road and Northfield Avenue in West Orange. Shortly before the murder, Tevlin contacted a family member to let them know he was on his way home after visiting friends. The investigation into the murder remains active and ongoing.
Brown is expected to be arraigned on Aug. 4, before the Honorable Ronald D. Wigler, Presiding Judge of the Criminal Division.
- Tevlin Family is Focused on Building the Brendan P. Tevlin '13 Memorial Fund at Seton Hall Prep
- Brown, Villagran and Williams Remain Jailed after Pleading Not Guilty Wednesday to Murder of Brendan Tevlin, Livingston
- Three Charged in Death of Brendan Tevlin of Livingston
- $1000 Offered For Information on Ali Brown of East Orange
- Reward Increased to $25,000 as West Orange Police Seek Public's Help with Brendan Tevlin Murder Investigation
- Friends of Brendan Tevlin Hosting First Annual Lacrosse Festival in his Honor at Seton Hall Prep, Saturday
- For Brendan Tevlin, a Video of Memories of His Enduring Spirit
- My Words for Brendan Tevlin, the Eulogy Delivered by Michaela Tevlin
- The Family of Brendan Patrick Tevlin, of Livingston, has Announced His Passing