- by Carolyne Volpe Curley / Carolyne@WestEssexNOW.com
Throughout their state-wide coverage area, PSE&G is replacing or supplementing their over 50-years old 26kV lines with 69kV power. These projects include:
- work in existing substations and switching stations
- construction of new substations
- replacing or installing new overhead and underground lines
- enhanced power lines carried on taller, sturdier replacement poles along existing routes
- installation of manholes
- installation of underground cables.
The work will be performed during even and overnight hours. In addition, the entrance onto Notch Road from Rustic Ridge Road will be closed intermittently during these construction activities. This work is expected to be complete by September.
From 2007 to 2014, PSE&G installed approximately 209 miles of 69kV lines in more than 60 New Jersey municipalities.
Further information can be found online here. Anyone with questions or concerns
should contact PSE&G's hotline number 1-800-901-5035.